CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Tyler's Response

Dear Ivan,

My book is called “Baseball fever” the author’s name is Johanna Hurwitz. This book is about a boy named Ezra. In the family he is so different from his older brother Harris and his mom and dad. His family is nerds (kind of). Ezra loves the sport baseball and usually he never misses a single baseball game if it is on TV. And if Ezra’s dad see’s him watching TV then he will get really mad because he thinks’ that baseball is a waste of time…And all the father does is play’s chess and wants his kids to be experts at it just like he is. But I don’t really think Ezra can be a perfect chess player when he love’s baseball so much because all he really does is talk’s about baseball watches baseball on the TV every night. But I think Ezra’s older brother Harris can because he listened to his father so then he became a nerd kind of.


I liked this book because it is about a sport that I like to play, with all of my friend’s. My partner should try reading this book because; the book has great details and it just doesn’t talk about 1 thing and then go immediately to the next thing. My partner should also try reading this book because maybe he enjoys playing baseball with his friend’s to.

This may be one of the best books I have ever read because it includes a lot of detail and most books that I have read are hard to understand and I don’t really give them a very high rating. And I would also recommend this book to most of my other friends then just my partner because most of my friends love baseball.

The author doesn’t really use big words that the reader can’t understand. The author likes to make things more clear by putting them in small sentences that the reader can just read along instead of trying to pronounce really big words. The author includes a lot of detail which makes it better to read. The author also explains the character’s personally really “EXCELLENT”. Ezra seems like he loves baseball to death!

He’s never even missed a game on TV, he knows like all the baseball player’s names and he is just way different from his brother Harris and his parents. Mom and dad like chess and they are freaks at that game. And they are nerds because they know everything. The dad is a champion at chess, because everybody in the family always talks about he great he is.
On a scale from 1 to 10 I would give this book a 10 because it includes a lot of good details. It deserves the number because it talks about what the characters like and what they don’t like. And the author especially explains the characters personally! Gosh I can not stop saying this so many times because to me it is really outstanding. And in most of the books I have ever read in my entire life don’t even really explain the characters all they do is just introduce the characters at first and the just skip right ahead to the story!


This book helped me make sense of the world by telling me don’t judge people of what they like and dislike. Because you just can’t try to get them to like something that they don’t like. I think the author’s message was trying to get people entertained of what this 10 year old boy can do with baseball. What I personally learned from this story was that when brother’s and sister’s are in the same family they are all not the same. They may like some thing’s the same but not all of it….

Sincerely,
Tyler

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baseball Fever?

Interesting title.

=]

Imma read the book now!!