CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Brandi's Literature Response

Dear Joey,

The book I choose was Guns for General Washington. By Seymour Reit.
This book was about the revolutionary war and about General Washington and his men trying to get 183 cannons from Fort Ticonderoga back to Boston to try and win the battle.


I liked this book because when I was in history we where just starting on talking about the war and about Fort Ticonderoga and also about General Washington. I think you should read this book because you would get a lot of action and you would get to learn about Boston and the war. I liked the way the author talked about everyone and about the way he writes like “Suddenly he froze. Was he imagining things? No, there it was again-a faint voice singing in the fog!” To me that gives me a good picture of the fog and the person singing.

I think I would rate this book a 9.5 because Seymour uses great detail but sometimes he gets boring and it is like you want to get rid of the book and sometimes you don’t want to put the book down.

Guns for General Washington, helped me by telling me how important history is and why we should learn about it. The book was showing me why we need the revolutionary war. I think the author’s message was to tell us about Will and Henry Knox and why they are so important also to tell us about the great adventure they had to try and win the battle. What I learned was that without the whole war we would be under British rule still and be fighting a bigger war than before.


Your Friend
Brandi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandi, I think that your response to Joey was really good and I hope he likes it. I know I did! Anyway I really liked how you described the book to Joey. I thought that you rated the book well and gave a good reason why you rated it that way.
Haylie

Anonymous said...

dear brandi i really thought you did a good job showing what you learned from this book. i think you can really persuade people to read a book. keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Brandi,I think you did a great job!I liked the way you put in alot of detail!I liked this so much I think I might read this book!!!Good job!!