CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nicolle's Book Response



Dear Alondra,

The book that I wanted to recommend to you is Freedom at Any Price by Amanda Stephens. This story is about a four-teen year old girl and a four-teen year old living in the Colonies and being in the Battle of Lexington and Concord. James, the boy, is with the Colonist during the battle and Sarah, the girl, is with the British during the battle. As shooting is going on between the British and the Colonist Sarah and James spot each other and go running towards each other, going through the bullets! Do they live? Do they die? Does one live and one die? It is up to you to find out.


This book was interesting to me because it helped me understand what it was like to live in the colonies. I think that you should read this book because it kept me entertained, it had a lot of detail, it explains our past in a fun interesting way, and it was an easy read for me. When James and Sarah were on the ship to Boston and the war ship came is a good example of detail in this book. I thought that Stephens did a good job of explaining or showing what it was like to be a colonist. For example when Moses, James, Sarah, and Henri went to Williamsburg and they saw the blacks being auctioned off. The author used great detail in this part of the book.

I rated this book a nine because it had great detail in many parts of the book. Freedom at Any Price kept me entertained; I literally never wanted to stop reading. Freedom at Any Price had many action sense, too. I also rated this book a nine because it helped me understand how the battle of Lexington and Concord went and what it was like to live as a colonist.

This book helped me make sense of the world because not everything goes as it is planned. I think the authors message was that no matter where or when you should always worry and care about your loved ones. I learned that once you’re a friend to someone you will always remember and be a friend to that person. I also learned and felt what it was like to live in the colonies and how hard it was.

Sincerely,
Nicolle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicolle you did a great job, i love books about the past. I look forward to talking to you about the book and learning more...

Sincerly kaylia

Anonymous said...

Nicolle it really sound like fun reading the book because I really like actoin and i hope you like action just like me because I really like action,and you really did nice work!!