CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kaylee's Literature Response-

Literature reading response 3


Dear Sara,
Wow, what a book. Soul surfer by: Bethany Hamilton is so emotional with a really big impact on her life. Soul surfer is about a 14 year old, Bethany who is a surfer in Hawaii, trying to go pro. When one day Alana her friend and her go out surfing when the waves were dead. They just lay out on their boards and relaxed in the water, out of no where a shark attacked Bethany. Living with only one arm would soon change her life forever.


I liked the book because it was interesting to read how she didn’t think loosing an arm was a big deal. She just had to learn to only use one hand, which it really didn’t matter she was ok with it. She didn’t let the attack slow her down, you should read this book because I think you could learn that just because something awful happens doesn’t mean you should give up on your dreams just use that to make you stronger. I like how she wrote her biography because she talks about her beliefs, her feelings before and after the attack, and how she never gave up, how the attack pushed her to achieve her goal. I like how one of her friends encouraged her when she was in the hospital,” a lot of things had to have gone right for her to make it to this point. She’s got everything going for her”. To me it makes me feel like there is a chance for a miracle to happen, in anyway.

I rated this book a 10 because I just thought that this book was amazing. She wrote about all different thoughts and techniques to get through the beginning with out an arm. She proved to be a hero and a believer. She never really showed me if there was any problem with her new life. But that she would live through it as if nothing happened. This attack made her want to live to achieve her dreams.

This book helped make sense of the world because she taught me that bad things happen for a reason but it’s your job to make them better. Also, that this really happened she didn’t make it up to have the courage to right about something like that is impressive. The author’s message was to live as if nothing bad happens. Believe in faith to help you through hard times, and that you can grow through a terrible time and still do what you were meant to do in different way, never stop trying. I personally learned that you should go for your dreams and if something happens along the way let that be your reason to push yourself harder.


Sincerely,
Kaylee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!
Kaylee that was a excellent book response!!! I book sounded really sad and scary!! Now I don't want to surf from u writing the response!!!
Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome

Anonymous said...

Kaylee!!! What a good response! I loved the pictures in that book... they were so shiny! I can't believe that her arm was bitten off by a shark. That is pretty cool that she survived a shark attack. I hope you don't die if you get bitten by a shark.... I would cry. So don't die because then I would be so very sad. If you get attacked by a shark, then you could relate to Bethany.

Anonymous said...

Wowwww, i love your book response!

c:

Oooohhhh your an amazing writer.
[i cant believe her arm really got bitten off!]

It was really sad and scary, I wouldnt have been able to read it.

Anonymous said...

Kaylee
reading that response almost made me cry.. that girl benthey got her arm bitting of by a shark how scary ... you put a lot of thought into ur writing

good job you have convinced me to read it...

sincerly Kaylia johnson