Dear Adrian,
The book I read was Montomorency by Eleanor Updale. A summary of the book Montmorency is that a thief is badly injured and a doctor nurses him back to health. After that the thief is released from prison and at that point he faces a dilemma, who shall he be? What shall he name himself? Read to find out.
I liked this book because of the main character Montmorency’s double identities. You should read this book because you can’t wait to turn the page. The author puts detail in her writing; a quote from the book is “the stare of contempt burning into his back was as strong as any of the looks of love that afflicted Montmorency.”
I would give this book a 9-10 because it had good detail but it was a little short.
This book helped me make better sense of the world by telling me how hard it is to have two identities. The author’s message is you can always start your life over. I personally learned that on 1785 the sewers of London were built.
Sincerely,
Jacob
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Jacob's Literature Response
Posted by Mrs. Walker at 8:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
your paragraphs were kind of short but over all the book response was pretty goooooooodddd. i hope yo read the book some day.
sincerly,
adrian
Nice, dude. Good book?
Post a Comment