Dear Colby,
My book is called The Fighting Ground. The author is Avi. This book is about a boy named Jonathan. He is thirteen and is eager to fight. When he goes to fight he learns it’s not as fun as he thought it would be.
I liked this book because the battle was in detail and the descriptions were pretty good. I think you should read this book because it is awesome. It has a lot of detail. Also it’s historical fiction so you learn a little history from it. I liked it when the author wrote how the Hessians and Americans fought. I also liked the description “The cool water dripped down his neck, trickled over his chest, and made him shiver”
I would rate this book an 8. Because it had hardcore descriptions. Also it told things like they were. Finally the book was action packed with some slow parts.
This book helped me make sense of the world by showing me the problems with war. Also the price the Americans paid to be free. I think the author’s message was to show that war is horrible and most do not know that. I personally learned that before I join the Army I should think about the risks.
Sincerely,
Trevor
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Trevor's Book Response
Posted by Mrs. Walker at 8:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Trevor, that was a great report and personally thought it was a great way to show why war isn't all that good.
Colby White
Trevor, DO WORK SON, that was extremely HARDCORE
the sentances were a little to short
but over all the response was
fantastic
Post a Comment