CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Erica's Response

Dear Mackenzie,

The title of the book is called Blood Is Thicker by Paul Langan and D.M. Blackwell. This book is about a high school kid named Hakeem. Hakeem’s father had always been a tough man and a nice dad, until he was found cancer positive. So since then his dad couldn’t work so the rents bill went up too fast. So the family decided to move to Detroit. But when they got there Hakeem noticed that his cousin who ounce was an angel is not an angel anymore. Savon, Hakeem’s cousin, never listened to his dad or his mom so he was almost always in trouble. And Hakeem always knew that Savon wasn’t up to anything good, so one night he decided to follow his cousin at twelve o’ clock. After about an hour of following him and his friends, he came to this place, he didn’t know what it was so he went inside and he couldn’t believe his eyes!


One reason why I liked this book was because the author made me feel like if I was the main character. All the emotions Hakeem had I had too. And plus this book is based on a real person’s life. I believe you should read this book because I think you will be very interested in reading all the other books in the Bluford series. I also think you should read this book because you won’t stop reading it ounce you start. And plus it has interesting quotes, like; “ boy you better shut your mouth!” Savon exclaimed, moving his face inches from Hakeem’s. “ Oh so know you’re gonna threaten me, right ?”Hakeem challenge, his fusturation at the past months events fueling his anger . “you haven’t done anything except dis me since I got here. Go ahead hit me,” he groaned, shoving Savon back away from his face. “That’s it!”Savon barked, charging Hakeem like an enraged lion. And if you want to know what happens than read the book!

I rate this book a 9. Because I loved the way the author described the life of the main character. And all the action and thoughts the author put into it!

Reading this book made me understand that even though you might not get along with one of your family members, that doesn’t mean that you should hate them. And you should always be with them no matter what! The authors message was almost the same except this book was based on two cousins but I believe that this situation could happen with any family member, not just cousins. So this book made me understand that even though you might hate one of your family members, that doesn’t mean you should stop hating them. Because deep inside you know you love them, and you will always be with them no matter what!
Your friend,
Erica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Why did you choose to read the book “Blood is Thicker”?

*How come you liked the part in your book when the two cousins were arguing?

*How did you feel when you read this book?

*Did you think the book had a good ending?

*Would you recommend this book to anyone?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Erica i loved your essay it was the bomb i would love to read your book that you read it sounds really good!!! well i hope you keep writting more responses this one deserves an A+!!!!