The damp dirt sticks to our feet as we walk
Little children are crying
Were not allowed to talk
In the distance are the screams of people dying 
Their blue eyes stare at us
With disgust
Why?
Why do we have to sleep on hard beds
Why do we have these terrible memories in our heads?
Why do we have to eat,
Wash our faces,
And use the bathroom
In the same bowl?
The barb wire fences hold us back
Where’s my freedom
I don’t want to live in this shack!
I’m not going to let them take my voice away,
No matter how hard they play.
I’m going to escape
To leave this place.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Sara's Why poem
Posted by Mrs. Walker at 9:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sara,
You have such a gift for poetry. You wrote this poem after our study of the Holocaust and I think you really captured the saddness and gravity of his horrendous event in history. Thank you for your willingness to share.
WOW! What an amazing piece of writing. I could so could visualize, with every word, the horrible pictures of the Holocaust! Keep up the emotionally touching expressions!
Post a Comment